It’s time to choose a new Bg Chapter Council! All Busan-Gyeongnam KOTESOL members are invited to consider a position, and encouraged to vote in our election. If you have ideas for our chapter (and the time and energy to implement them), please step up!
To apply for a chapter council position, fill out the form in the link.
All chapter council nominees should provide a paragraph about their vision for the chapter in the coming year. The Candidates’ statements will be posted on the KOTESOL website as they become available. We’ll be taking nominations until November 7 and voting online from November 8-15. The results of the election will be announced at our chapter meeting on Saturday, November 16. After the announcement, we will have a planning meeting to discuss our chapter goals for 2019/2020, followed by a dinner. [Location TBA.]
* Nominees must be current members of KOTESOL (and must plan to continue to be members of KOTESOL for the duration of their term as facilitator). If their membership expires and is not renewed during their term as facilitator, they become ineligible for the position.
*To vote, please ensure also that your membership is current, and that the email you use to register to vote matches up with the email on file in your KOTESOL membership account.
Descriptions of the Council Positions:
Chapter President –
• Chairs the regional conference, organizes chapter meetings and arranges speakers
• Files reports to the National Council (about 3 times a year)
• Delegates duties in order to help meetings run smoothly
• Attends National Council meetings (about 3 times a year)
• Serves as the liaison between the National Council and the local chapter
Chapter Vice President –
• Assists the president with the conference and with running meetings
• Assists in arranging speakers
• Can go in place of the president to National Council meetings
• Maintains the bank account of the organization
• Helps arrange funds for the snacks and membership events
• Fills out quarterly reports to securing funding from the national organization
• Creates and maintains the events on the KOTESOL Facebook page
• Publishes the Busan-Gyeongnam KOTESOL newsletter
• Uploads news and events, and maintains the KOTESOL website
Membership Officer –
• Keeps a record of attendance for the chapter meetings
• Helps recruit new members
• Organizes social events
• Helps to retain current members
Officer(s) at Large- *
• Act in an advisory capacity for all matters of the chapter
• Help with events and assist the executive team
*If other positions have been filled, we may have several Officers at Large on the executive board.
Past Chapter President-
• Previously served as a Chapter President
• Acts in an advisory capacity for all matters of the chapter
• Helps with events and assists the executive team
All of our executive team are encouraged to promote events, upload photos, pictures and videos of events to our media pages, and assist each other in our roles.
For our election/planning meeting, we have reserved a business conference room at Dawn Beach Hotel at Gwangan. It is nearest to the Geumrongsan Subway Station, exit 1.
Geumnyeonsan Station Busan Line No.2 → Dawn Beach Hotel (Walking) http://naver.me/5wCEPQvh