Busan Metropolitan City is set to host the 20th Busan Tourism Photo Contest to promote Busan as a beautiful city, worthy of the city’s slogan “Dynamic Busan”.
- Any scene promoting Busan’s beauty are eligible for submission. Entries may include: scenes of the natural environment, four seasons, traditional culture, architecture, performances, festivals, lifestyles, food, bridges in the city, new tourist trends or any other possible materials related to tourism
Eligibility and Application
- Eligibility: The contest is open to everyone. (Foreigners are welcome.)
- Size of Photo: 11″× 14″ colored photo – without edges (Negatives, slide films, and digital photos, but not to be stuck on a panel.), white borders on the two sides are acceptable
- Number of Photos: Up to 6 entries per person (photos should have been taken after January 2016 and never previously been submitted to other contests)
- Entry fee: KRW 20,000 per person
- Application period: July 1st, – July 23rd, 2019 (all submissions must arrive by 5 p.m. on July 23rd)
- Submission: Printed photos (The backside of each photo should include the name of the work, date/time, location, applicant’s name, home address, postal code and phone number), JPEG files and unedited original photo files (digital, negatives/slide) should all be submitted (will not be registered without submission).
- Film photo: printed photos + original unedited negatives/slide
- Digital photo: a CD (with 2 folders: one with files of the original unedited photo files (1,200 megapixel (4000*3000 pixel) and the other with a photo file for print and JPEG files of entries)
- Each entry file should have its own title (file name).
- Submit to: (48501) 78 Yongso-ro (Daeyeon 3-dong), Nam-gu, Busan Metropolitan City, 4th floor, #405, Busan Art Center
- The Photo Artist Association of Korea Busan Chapter (PASKBS) ☎ (051)631-4111
- Grand Prize (1): Certificate from Mayor of Busan Metropolitan City & cash prize of 3,000,000 KRW
- First Prize (1): Certificate from President of the Photo Artist Association of Korea Busan Chapter & cash prize of 2,000,000 KRW
- Second Prize (1): Certificate from President of the Korea Tourism Organization & cash prize of 1,000,000 KRW
- Third Prize (3): Certificate from President of the Photo Artist Association of Korea Busan Chapter & cash prize of 300,000 KRW
- Fourth Prize (5): Certificate from President of the Photo Artist Association of Korea Busan Chapter & cash prize of 200,000 KRW
- Participation Prizes (70): Certificate from President of the Photo Artist Association of Korea Busan Chapter & cash prize of 100,000 KRW
Judging and Exhibition
- Date (expected): (Fri) July 26th, 2019, Grand Conference Hall on the 1st floor of Busan Metropolitan City Hall (open judgement)
- Announcement (expected): (Tue) July 30th, 2019, on the PASKBS website www.paskbs.com (TBC)
- Award Ceremony (expected): (Sat) September 7th, 2019, at the Busan International Travel Fair at BEXCO
- Exhibition (expected): (Thu) September 5th ~ (Sun) 8th, 2018 (4 days), at the Busan International Travel Fair at BEXCO
- If awarded photography turns out to be a synthesis/fake/modified entry, the prize will be revoked and the winner will be prohibited from applying to the Busan Tourism Photo Contest for the next 3 years.
- However, panoramic photography is allowed.
- Participation prize photos will be used for brochures and various activities introducing and promoting the Republic of Korea.
- Intellectual property rights (including the right to produce derivative works) belong to Busan Metropolitan City and sharing of the rights is permissible.
- The First, Second, Third Prize photos will be open to the public. The public can use them for derivative works and other forms of photography free of restrictions.
※ Winners should fill out and submit a contract (which will be sent out later) for transferring intellectual property rights. If winners fail to submit the contract, the prize will be withdrawn.
- Every applicant shall not commit any infringement on portrait rights, moral rights, economic rights, etc. Applicants are subject to legal liabilities for any civil and/or criminal affairs.
- If an awarded photo turns out to be the same and/or similar to a previous work, the prize will be withdrawn. If winner is a member of the association, she/he will be subject to disciplinary action and non-members will be prohibited to receive membership for the next 7 years.
- Non-awarded photos will be sent back (applicants residing in Busan should directly get their work within 10 days after the exhibition closes. If not, photos will be handled by the Association).
- Contact the Photo Artist Association of Korea Busan Chapter (051-631-4111) for any other questions.
Host: Busan Metropolitan City
Organizer: Photo Artist Association of Korea Busan Chapter
Sponsor: Photo Artist Association of Korea / Korea Tourism Organization