We are proud to bring you Busan's 4th production of The Vagina Monologues. All the proceeds from the monologues and connected events go to charity, 90% of which will go to local women's shelters right here in Busan, the other 10% to the global V-day cause.
The award-winning play is based on V-Day Founder/playwright Eve Ensler's interviews with more than 200 women. With humor and grace the piece celebrates women's sexuality and strength. Through this play and the liberation of this one word, countless women throughout the world have taken control of their bodies and their lives. For more than twelve years, The Vagina Monologues has given voice to experiences and feelings not previously exposed in public.
This year we will have three performances!
Saturday, April 27th at 7pm
Sunday, April 28th at 2pm
Part of this years V-DAY BUSAN Productions we bring you A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant, and A Prayer. Profound spoken word pieces performed by both men and women.
A groundbreaking collection of monologues by world-renowned authors and playwrights, edited by Eve Ensler and Mollie Doyle. These diverse voices rise up in a collective roar to break open, expose, and examine the insidiousness of violence at all levels: brutality, neglect, a punch, even a put-down.
MMRP will be performed at MONK in Kyungsung by a talented cast of local men and women. Tickets will be sold at the door for a donation of 10,000 won. Ninety percent of the donations will go to two local women's shelters here in Busan. We will have raffle prizes to give away and some beautiful postcards to sell, as well.
BUSAN, South Korea -- An official of Busan Regional Maritime Affairs and Port Office said the passenger boat service between Busan and Jeju which was stopped from May last year will be reopened from the nineteenth.
Two passenger ships including Seokyeong Paradise ship and Seokyeong Island ship of SK FERRY Corporation will be operated on the sea route and it takes eleven hours starting from Busan at seven p.m to Jeju-do.
The passenger capacity of Seokyeong Paradise and Seokyeong Island are six hundred and eighty-hundred-eighty, respectively and each of the ships are capable of carrying three-hundred cars.
Source: Busan eFM News
BUSAN, South Korea -- A government survey showed that South Korean adults want to work until the age of sixty-four on average, but only fourteen percent of them are actively preparing to re-orient themselves in the job market after retirement.
The survey of two-thousand adults, conducted by the state-run Korea Employment Information Service between October and November last year, said they hope to work until the age of sixty-three-point-nine on average.
The survey found that only 14 percent of them are actively managing their career to help them transfer to new jobs after retiring from their primary careers.
In South Korea, the average retirement age stands at fifty-eight.
Source: Busan eFM News
BUSAN, South Korea -- Tensions may be rising on the peninsula (so they say), but don't let that stop you from getting out of the house this weekend.
A great night of music headlined by Outlier's CD release party tops our Saturday choices. A bachelor/bachelorette auction, football, more great music and some great photo exhibitions round things out, but there's a whole lot more in store in what looks to be an overcast weekend in the city.
You can check out the Haps Calendar for everything going on around the area. Enjoy!
BUSAN, South Korea -- The Busan Foundation of International Activities (BFIA) had an inaugural meeting with dignitaries from 17 universities based in Busan and with representatives of immigration offices overseas on March 26 to attract more foreign students to Busan.
There are currently 6,300 foreign students in Busan. Thanks to this inaugural meeting, Busan has been able to provide more detailed information to foreign students considering coming to study in Busan.
It also has a plan to execute aggressive marketing campaigns, putting an emphasis on the advantages of studying in Busan. This meeting was a good opportunity for dignities from each university to share their opinions and information about attracting foreign students.
BFIA helps foreign students enjoy a trouble-free stay in Busan and provides various kinds of programs for them, including foreign student scholarships, internship programs and job placement service.