One of the country’s most anticipated summer events kicks off Friday as the Boryeong Mud Festival begins its 10-day run.
During the festival period, tourists flock to the area to experience the beneficial properties of the Boryeong mud, and also to have lots of fun.
Fully immersed in both the mud and the festival’s great atmosphere, visitors enjoy mud wrestling, mud sliding and even swimming in the mud mega tub.
Visitors feeling particularly energetic can try the marine mud-training course, whilst those looking for something more chilled can relax in the mud massage zone.
Just like the previous festivals that had taken place, bigger and better fun-filled events and booths such as mud wrestling, huge mud tub, various mud slides, mud prison, mud fountain, mud self-massage, and a lot more await you where you can make unforgettable memories with your family, friends, and loved ones.
If you’re on solo, you will definitely be able to make friends from all nations. If you are looking for a festival unique from the rest, this is the place for you.
Furthermore, this year’s Boryeong Festival presents you K-POP concerts where performances will range from popular idol groups to EDM and hip hop singers. What could be better than a beach party to end a fabulous day in mud?
The festival, which began in 1998, is held at Daecheon Beach from July 19 to July 28.
Festival period: July 19 – 28, 2019
Location: Daecheon Beach Mud Square & Namgok-dong Mudflat Experience Site, Citizen Tower Square
Mud Square Experience: 09:30-18:00
Admission: General Area – Individuals
– Adults (20-64): Monday-Thursday 12,000 won / Friday-Sunday 14,000 won
– Teenagers (11-19): Monday-Thursday 10,000 won / Friday-Sunday 12,000 won
[Groups (20 people or more)]
– Adults (20-64): Monday-Thursday 11,000 won / Friday-Sunday 13,000 won
– Teenagers (11-19): Monday-Thursday 9,000 won / Friday-Sunday 11,000 won
– Guardian: Monday-Thursday 4,000 won / Friday-Sunday 6,000 won
– Children (3-10): Monday-Thursday 9,000 won / Friday-Sunday 11,000 won
– Babies (under 3 years of age; must be accompanied by an adult): Free
Cash and credit cards are accepted.