UPDATE: 7/12 – 11 a.m.
The labor and management of Busan metro reached a deal last night and the labor union announced to end its strike after two days.
Both sides agreed to raise wages by 0.9%, which had been the central point of dispute.
They also compromised to hire 540 additional employees using the increase in ordinary wages.
The head of the labor union ordered the members to return to work beginning at 9 am today (12).
The union explained that the head of the committee holds all powers to end the strike so no additional vote was necessary.
The negotiations yesterday took place at the Nopo Rail Yard from 6:30 pm.
Busan’s subway trains have been under normal operations during commuting hours since Wednesday, which is now in its third day of an ongoing strike.
However, from 9 am until 5 pm yesterday, train intervals were 4 to 6 minutes longer than usual.
The strike will likely continue on as no new talks have been scheduled since negotiations between the union and management fell apart on Tuesday night.
Busan Metro’s labor union says the future of the talks depends on the city’s stance.
It said that while the union has expressed its will to actively engage in more negotiations, the Busan Transportation Corporation has yet to state its position.